When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wow! Here’s a deal......

-
This has been posted here before, and I messaged him. He asked me for my opinion, and said he hasn't been able to get much info on it. I explained that a ballpark date range is more like late 50s or early 60s, and that it *might* bring $50 to $100 on a good day, and that it would need to be all tuned up, with very good/new tires & tubes to be at the higher end of that estimate.
Forgot to add "if the buyer was schizophrenic". [emoji16] I'm sorry...bad joke![emoji38]

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

That was the only Schwinn bicycle produced in 1943 and the minds at work on prototypes in 43' were so ahead of the game...
they were actually envisioning early 1960s Schwinn bicycles and channeled those creative juices in to the creation of this
bicycle.
As the war effort dragged on and the stress of military conflict and the threat of facism wore down the hearts, minds and spirits of
pioneering American designers.... all of the ingenuity and forethought that went into the creation of this one and only 1943
Schwinn Traveler went out the window and would not be thought about again until the very late 1950s early 1960s.
Grossly undervalued pivotal prototype Schwinn bicycle.

I'm going to offer 10G and see if he'll accept.

Crazy as it sounds.My friend had a front end from the window post forward,about 12 inches deep, in that condition.Sold it for $1500 as a wall hanger.

Back