When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wow - home made steam-powered vintage bike at estate sale

-
Jun 26, 1933 – Jun 27, 2017 (Age 85)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

1.jpg

Last edited:
Not too crazy, at least he'd the sense enough to use a late 40's-early 50's Schwinn:

1.jpg

And what is this here, I can't make out the graphics but is that an 60's-70's Paramount?? It's sure got chrome in the right places to be one. . Or maybe not? Regardless me tinks it's chrome molly light steel, racer of some type, prob., if you're in Saint Louie, screwy, worth seeing up close and personal.

1.jpg

Bonus points, what's this race bike hiding behind the other too? For a potential Schwinn lover guy, an 80's paramount?

1.jpg

Last edited:
It's a Raleigh, probably a Grand Prix. That does look like a Phil Wood front hub though.

Yeah, nice call Tiger, and it makes more sense on the graphics, potentially a late 70's. And, for the same type of racks, 'The Gov' was a traitor too, [grin] they're proby both Raleighs.

Last edited:
Here's a thing; I wonder how he did his "hand gliding" always stuck hand out car widows gliding em in the wind? :p Rode his bikes wit one hand while the other was gliding in the wind? :grin:

Left out the part where he roasted his own nuts.
That's when he stopped the hand gliding.

Curious if he ever actually rode the bike. That's a spooky looking cellar, hope they don't find any bones down there.[emoji50]
Then wonder what everything will bring at auction?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Back