When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wrench for prewar rear axle adjusters

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mack the fork

Look Ma, No Hands!
I just installed two new repop rear axle adjustment bolts into my ‘40 DX project.

my question:

Is there a specific wrench or special tool to use on them? I don’t want to be “that guy” and immediately default to an adjustable wrench ( with the predictable ham-fisted looking results ).

If someone knows what was used at the Schwinn factory , or in authorized dealer’s shops; please let me know.

Thanks

Wow, thanks everyone. You’ve collectively spared my new adjusters from the indignation of being prematurely bodged.

( bloody things nearly cost a tank of gas !
Therein lies the sickness… )

I use a refrigeration wrench that's for turning valves on and off. I used it on the ship I worked on. It doesn't go on all the way, but works. 1/4" is just under size. Maybe they make a size that fits better.

Take 1/4” socket with 1/4” drive. But the drive end on you adjuster and a 1/4” Allen wrench into the hex end of the socket. An instant adjustment screw tool.

Back