When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wright Brothers and W.F.Meyers

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
No, but I know where one is. Selling it....hmmmmm maybe/maybe not. I never paid much attention to it because it was not Wright Bros. built, but now, I have different glasses on! This changes everything!

I'm interested. Can we see it? even if you don't want to sell it?

I saw a talk by the grandson and great grandson of Charles Taylor. Charles Taylor was the mechanic for the Wright Bros bike shop and airplane.

At some point, later in Charles Taylor’s career Henry Ford offered him a job to create an exact duplicate of the Wright Bros bike shop at the Henry Ford museum. The grandsons didn’t go into detail of what parts, tools, or bikes Charles Taylor put in the museum. Maybe he got some parts from W.F. Meyers.

On a side note, the grandson went to visit his grandfather (Charles Taylor) who introduced the grandson to his boss (Henry Ford). At the time the grandson was only 7 or 8, and didn’t realize the significants of Henry Ford.

Here’s a photo of Charles Taylor.
1ADF2217-BF1F-429A-B57E-4756CAC337A0.jpeg

My 1917 W.F. Meyer machine is built using a Davis RACING Frame and a Fauber Special
crank unit featuring ''pencil''- size cranks. The chainring is a highly refined ''6-bubble''
variety. The Meyer aluminum I.D. tag is stamped ''357'' as is the frame at the seat cluster.
The instructions on the one-inch long tag ask a potential ''finder'' of the machine to return
the bicycle to the W.F. Meyer store.

thumbnail w.f. meyer i.d..jpg

thumbnail w.f. meyer i.d..jpg 02.jpg

Back