When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wright Brothers Day

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I picked up the high wheel bike from Carillon Park the day before the event, and I have to say that loading that heavy bike in and out of the elevator was a challenge. I am sure I looked hilarious to people who didn't know what it was for!

I was eventually one of four people selected to represent WSU and the AMA at the national conference in New Orleans. Very proud moment!

Condensed History of Wright Brothers bicycles given out at the event

WBBicycleHistory.jpg

So I took a pic of the bike at the Air and Space museum (Smithsonian) in D.C. but can't remember the badge. Is this a clone? V/r Shawn
My research shows the location of the remaining five Wright Brothers bicycles as stated in the above post (#12). So it's probably a clone. Most of the original bikes were destroyed in the Dayton Flood in 1913.

I've seen the ones at Carillon Park and at the Museum of the Air Force. If memory serves the one at the Air and Space Museum in DC had a ND rear hub on it and not the proprietary Wright hub so that bike could very well be bogus. V/r Shawn

I was at the national air and space museum in DC two years ago. The wright bicycle they have on display is not a clone. It is one of the few remaining originals.

Back