When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wright saddle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

creepn

Look Ma, No Hands!
hey folks does anyone have info on wrights saddles i picked one up for 5 dollers today hoping it was a good deal

If it's a leather one like a Brooks, then it'll be 40's-60's and was found on many English bicycles. If you have a look at my albums, both the 1950 and 1954 Norman bikes have Wrights saddles fitted :) I actually prefer them over Brooks.

Wright saddles were made in Birmingham England, I have several of them, they came on CCM bicycles here in Canada. Does yours have a small metal tag at the rear of the seat saying"Wright"? I know the 30s saddles had that tag. Heres a few photos of one of mine.

Attachments

• Wright Saddle3.jpg
    Wright Saddle3.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Wright Saddle5.jpg
    Wright Saddle5.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 57
Interesting photos... I've actually got three, but they're in the garage and won't be going in there for a week or so and don't have any photos on my computer of them but here's a couple of photos of mine:-

Photo0393.jpg
Photo0394.jpg

1950 Norman Light Roadster.

Photo0403.jpg
Photo0404.jpg
1954 Norman

Both of these are the 40's/50's style and have the metal "Wrights" badge on the back.

Danny, I can see the tag on the back, and it definitely looks later then mine, very nice looking seats you have. My other Wrights saddle is a racing sort of saddle with no springs whatsoever and no evidence of ever having that metal tag on it, yet it is stamped Wrights on both sides. Do you have any idea when they went out of business? Not much info on this company that I can find.

History...

Honestly? Not a bloody lot. I rate their saddles highly! I've got bikes with Brooks, Lycett, Dunlop and Wrights, and Wrights are the ones that I prefer using because I just find them a far more comfortable shape and softer leather... but anyway, what I do know (and it's not a lot!) is here:-

http://bikestothefuture.com/wrights.php

Don't hold your breath, it's probably things that you know already ;)

If there are any other companies that people would like to know about... ENGLISH companies... let me know and I'll add them to the list on bikestothefuture.com

A secondary brand to Brooks??I think not! I much prefer the Wrights saddles over Brooks any day of the week. Thanks for gathering that info, thats alot more then I knew, had no idea they were still around in 1962. Not to take this off track but our Canadian bikes sold in Eatons stores were actually rebadged British Raleighs right down to the John Bull brakepads. And all my old Raleigh ads here in Canada show them equipped with leather toolbags behind the saddle, and yet I have never come across one despite the many bikes that survived, odd...I thought you might like to see a catalog page from 1958, I'm sure you'll see what I mean :)

Attachments

• eatons 001.jpg
    eatons 001.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Back