When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1890's Victor wheels or hubs

-

steeletj

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I am looking for the correct Victor wheels or hubs to finnish out my project. Any one out there have any?

Thanks,

Tim

Some pictures would help! Do you need hard tire, cushion tire or pneumatic rims? In an earlier post you mentioned you needed a wider rear sprocket- how wide do you need? Parts are out there, but folks need specifics. I am slowly getting an early 1890's cushion tire back on the road, so I feel your pain.

It is a pneumatic bike. I have a set of incorrect wheels that I could use the rims off of, but I would prefer to get full wheels and pass on the wheels I have. I talked to a bunch of folks at the Copake swap and I think I was wrong about needing a wider sproket. The chain looks to be 1/4 inch. I also got some help as to what a set of victor hubs looks like. They have small diameter centers and tabs that allow for straight pull spokes. Here are some photos of Victor hubs

P4200636.jpg
P4200635.jpg

I believe I have a very nice complete front wheel, I'll check tomorrow for you.

1890's Victor Wheels

I thought I might add that there is a good chance that Spaulding bikes had the same hubs. Both companies were manufactured in Chicopee Falls MA.

Tim

Looks like Walter has a set. The price is on the higher end of perfectly reasonable for a one in a million set of hubs IMO, my advice when looking for an extremely rare and specific part... don't pass on it, it will likely be years before you find another.

hubs

You're right!! Hard to find sometimes. I need a set of hubs for an 1894 Columbia Racer and a set for my 1902 Columbia Racer. Both
Track models and not easy to find. I'm at - [email protected] if anybody has a set for these. Thank you

Back