When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wtb 1935 schwinn cycleplane tank remake/metal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mr.cycleplane

Riding my Motorbike
wtb 1935 Schwinn cycleplane tank. looking for one of the reproduction Schwinn 1935 cycleplane tanks that were made back in the 90's by me! I had these made in Germany and only 42 were made before the mold broke. very expensive to make/re-tool. I sold them all off but never kept one for myself. would like to have one-repainted with decal would be ok also! let me know if you have one for sale or just if you ever bought one from me. I am considering re-making these or the gilled version again. thanks

I'd. Buy a couple.
i'd like to but I can't imagine the costs today! it was expensive back then. china would be cheaper but I am after quality. if you ever saw one of my tanks-you could not tell from original. but there is a price for that. might go with the gilled version this time. would probably do 200 of them. ehgads! what am I getting into!!! what the heck-its only money.......

Please don't make any of either style.

But if you do, put something on it to distinguish from an original so future hobbiests don't get burned by a fake part.
I do respect your point of view. however I have never thought about it as being a 'fake'. ask people who got one of my tanks (although many probably won't admit it) or have seen one and they will tell you it was a flawless copy/reproduction-the way a 'reproduction' should be. its not about being deceptive but providing a high quality reproduction item for the hobby.

I do respect your point of view. however I have never thought about it as being a 'fake'. ask people who got one of my tanks (although many probably won't admit it) or have seen one and they will tell you it was a flawless copy/reproduction-the way a 'reproduction' should be. its not about being deceptive but providing a high quality reproduction item for the hobby.
Having had at least 5 of the Tyler/35 Cycleplane o.d. green tanks,over the last 20+ years,and several original,including the red one,on Tim Brandt's "Bicycle Chronicles " page,I can tell you,they were the closest thing to original available,at the time. They were that close! I recently sold a nos 20"cantilever tank,and turned down a potential sale,to someone who wanted to send it to China,so everyone could have one. I,too,recognize a market/ need,supply,and demand,right,but,as someone who loves the hunt,and as a purist,.... your call.
1f0816ca4d52645a592b971e6b96ce85.jpg
b6f34e4714cd1d3d560ae340055007c2.jpg
9718865af316536b09ddae5e9fb02045.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

I recently purchased a 1938 original Motorbike tank. It took a while to find, and I paid a premium price for it. I can understand people wanting a metal reproduction due to the scarcity of this item. An exact reproduction while nice, will drive prices down on original items and as we've seen, unscrupulous sellers will sell as the real deal. There was once a need for the Aerocycle style rack, now there are more "original" racks than ever produced. Or look what the reproduction parts did to the Phantom prices and desirability. I see both pros and cons to this.

I recently purchased a 1938 original Motorbike tank. It took a while to find, and I paid a premium price for it. I can understand people wanting a metal reproduction due to the scarcity of this item. An exact reproduction while nice, will drive prices down on original items and as we've seen, unscrupulous sellers will sell as the real deal. There was once a need for the Aerocycle style rack, now there are more "original" racks than ever produced. Or look what the reproduction parts did to the Phantom prices and desirability. I see both pros and cons to this.

Good points.

wtb 1935 Schwinn cycleplane tank. looking for one of the reproduction Schwinn 1935 cycleplane tanks that were made back in the 90's by me! I had these made in Germany and only 42 were made before the mold broke. very expensive to make/re-tool. I sold them all off but never kept one for myself. would like to have one-repainted with decal would be ok also! let me know if you have one for sale or just if you ever bought one from me. I am considering re-making these or the gilled version again. thanks

Back