When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: 1953 Schwinn Hornet parts with patina.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

AaronWHautala

On Training Wheels
I have the opportunity to rebuild my dad's childhood Schwinn Hornet with the goal of him enjoying the first ride on the rebuilt bike.

The goal.
The Hornet was left outside for 10 years. It has a nice patina, I like that, I'd like to purchase replacement parts that feature a similar patina to round out the look of the bike.

Patina parts I'm shopping for (looking for all parts to be the original parts called for in the 1953 Schwinn Hornet)
1) Handle bars with grips
2) Saddle
3) Struts
4) Front S-2, white enamel wheel. (if hub and spokes are attached, even better)
5) Peddles, don't need to be perfect, just need two pieces of rubber on each peddle
6) Sweetheart ring with cranks.
7) Skip tooth chain.

Again, the ideal parts have patina to match the bikes current identity.

Thank you for your help!
[email protected]

What color is the Hornet ???

Color ?? or are you just looking for the non-painted parts -- Maybe post a picture of the patina to match would help too ...

Hornet frame color

The Hornet is green. A green hornet, that's ideal! I'm away from my photos until next week but will post images of the bike ASAP, thank you for your reply!

Back