When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found WTB: 1958 or 59 Schwinn Tank Delta Horn Unit

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tiger61

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'm looking for an original Delta Horn Unit for my 59' phantom. I believe this one had the large concave button with the triangle and the D and the smaller round horn (compared to the early postwar ones) 2 D cells,

I know there's repros out there...just throwing my line out.

Thanks!

Here is what you are looking for. On top is an original and bottom is repo. Notice that original has the triangle and "D". Also notice the horn itself is marked "DELTA ELECTRIC CO..." There are many other small differences as well. I'm no expert here so there may be other varieties of the original with small differences. The main thing is that it is marked Delta. Hope this helps. V/r Shawn

DSC_0543.JPG
DSC_0544.JPG
DSC_0545.JPG
DSC_0546.JPG
DSC_0547.JPG
DSC_0548.JPG
DSC_0549.JPG
DSC_0550.JPG

Here is what you are looking for. On top is an original and bottom is repo. Notice that original has the triangle and "D". Also notice the horn itself is marked "DELTA ELECTRIC CO..." There are many other small differences as well. I'm no expert here so there may be other varieties of the original with small differences. The main thing is that it is marked Delta. Hope this helps. V/r Shawn

View attachment 743602 View attachment 743603 View attachment 743604 View attachment 743605 View attachment 743606 View attachment 743607 View attachment 743608 View attachment 743609
Freqman1.......Uhhhhhh, I'd say you were an expert. Thanks so much for clear pictures. You definitely know what you're talking about and the information is most welcome. Unfortunately it's crickets here in the WANTED ads, lol.....usually like this for me. I figure that Schwinn made so many bikes that someone would have something?! If not, bicyclebones on Ebay has reproduction horn tank units with the Delta triangle and D engraved on the buttons. Nice horn units, was just looking for something with a little patina.

Back