When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: 1962 Schwinn 20" Typhoon

-

Michaelbike

On Training Wheels
Looking to find a black, original paint 20" 1962 Schwinn Typhoon. Really only need the frame, fork and guard, but interested in whatever you have. This is the straight bar one-year version of the 20" frame. I actually had one when I was a kid. We turned it into a Sting-Ray with a Schwinn banana seat and "butterfly" handlebars. I had that bike for a long time, even turned it into a bmx bike - that's why I still have the butterfly bars, gooseneck, and painted rim set from that bike. Please let me know if you have one for sale. Mike

That's cool to still have some of the parts man. They are a cool one year frame you rarely see.
I have a red 1962 Typhoon I am doing a build on as a Pig Bike, with a lot of extras. Fattening up the Pig so to speak. Paint is so bad I have to repaint but I found a low cost alternative that will still get me a close to Flamboyant Red paint job.
If you want to check it out on here I believe the bike build is creatively titled 1962 Schwinn Typhoon Pig Bike Build. It is probably going in a different direction than yours but life would get boring if we all did the same bike the same way.
Good to hear someone else is doing one though. Good Luck! Rob

That sounds cool - I look that post up for sure. Yeah, someone rattlecan yellowed the frame I had so currently I have a powder coat shop that's going to try and relic the bike a bit to make it look older. Then yeah put the banana seat and butterfly handlebars on it. I'll post pictures when I get the frame back so you can all see it. I'm hoping it turns out good. The powder coater does hot rods and has had his work in national magazines yet is very down-to-earth and affordable so I'm really looking forward to seeing his work.

Thanks man. Fighting with my 7 year Pneumonia curse so I haven't done much since that day but work on getting over it. As soon as I can though I will be stripping the frame to repaint.
I am planning a longer crank arm and larger sprocket so this is the time to clearance for those as well.
I hope you find a black frame with good enough paint to make your bike again.
Good luck man, Rob

Back