When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found WTB: 1964 Schwinn American

-
I think this might be an American 1964 it is a 1964

serial # --k86588--

That's a pre-59 chainguard. The 64 American would have a handle bar mount headlight, mini-tank, Schwinn S-seat, two brace front fender, and front fender rack

That's a pre-59 chainguard. The 64 American would have a handle bar mount headlight, mini-tank, Schwinn S-seat, two brace front fender, and front fender rack
The bike pictured is a August 1953 frame based on serial. What your describing is a Deluxe American I am looking for the standard American model. Here it is on the right top in the '64 catalog. Thanks

Thanks, guess I didn't read far enough. I was looking at pages from a catalog that showed each bike individually not in a group setting. All of those 64 middleweights use the same basic frame. Other than a tab here or there for a tank or cables, you can build a frame into any model you want with some decals and the other appropriate items.

Back