When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: BSA 3 Speed Hub/Parts

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

RidgeWalker

Look Ma, No Hands!
Wanted '50-56 BSA 3 speed hub or parts. I specifically need an axle and the indicator chain/rod assembly. Interested in a complete hub too.
My BSA twist grip is incomplete and I'm unable to find a diagram so I can see what I am missing. If you have a complete one or parts I am interested.
Thanks!

I'm looking for a diagram for you
1950bsa2.jpg

Thank you for the replies. It is nice to see the hub internals photo on Flickr. I do have the diagrams of the hub internals, but not of the twist grip. Below is a pic of the twist grip. The cable routes through the handlebar for several inches and exits through a hold in the handlebar.
1950's BSA 3-speed men's bicycle- TwistGrip.png

This pic is not of my bike but illustrates the cable routing.
2017-11-06 10_27_00-Budget Bicycle Center - 1950s BSA New Hudson Classic Bicycle 21_.png

Last edited:
Here is another photo showing the twist grip. I need the screw that mounts the grip to the handlebar and also performs the guide function as the grip is twisted. I believe it is about 3/4" long and has two different threads. One engages the handlebar, and the other engages the cable holder (far right piece in my photo below).
Here is my grip disassembled:
TwistGripExplodedView.jpg

Also pictured, below the grip, is the indicator which is different from those in the diagrams attached to this thread.
Here is another thread photo link for the grip: https://thecabe.com/forum/attachments/img_4898-jpg.231556/

Back