When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Elgin King

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

weebob

Finally riding a big boys bike
Lookin for a 1906 thru 1909 ELGIN KING badge,,,bike,,,or project w/badge,,,,

What's your budget? I have one (complete bike) but not sure I want to let it go.

What's your budget? I have one (complete bike) but not sure I want to let it go.
Thanks Gordon for your reply...Budget??? that is always subject to change ,,,I have not done much research on these so that is why I'm sort of fishing for one,,,,I'm not wanting one that is original and whole I want a rider that is rough and ready ,but I'm lookin to see what is out there. Price and pics would be a start. I'm not wanting another feather for my hat. just a good rider or one in pieces so I can build to my liking,,,,Thanks WEEBOB...

The one I have probably doesn't match what you are looking for. It is a complete bicycle but I would be hesitant to ride it as the tires are single tube reproductions (hard!) and the wheels of course are wood and as a result are fragile($$$$).

The one I have probably doesn't match what you are looking for. It is a complete bicycle but I would be hesitant to ride it as the tires are single tube reproductions (hard!) and the wheels of course are wood and as a result are fragile($$$$).
Thanks for your info...I donot try to restore bikes back to original, just make a good old one ride able again to my own liking,, to mess up an og bike is not what I want to do There is.not much info. on this Elgin King bike that I have had time to research...Just a little pre POPE take over is what I found, I have my own personal reasons for a 1906 thru 09 Elgin and those years might be a little hard to prove...do you have any date info. on ELGIN KING? This kind of research is very time consuming,,,,, pics and date of your bike would still be nice to see,,,,.Thanks for your time on this,,,,,,WEEBOB

Here is a photo of my Elgin King. It has leather wrapped wood grips (they are pretty cracked), wheel driven bell, carbide light and leather tool bag. Original paint and seat. Wooden wheels with reproduction single tube tires. Rear hub has patent date of 1908. Bike looks like pictures in the 1908 Sears catalog.
king.JPG

Here is a photo of my Elgin King. It has leather wrapped wood grips (they are pretty cracked), wheel driven bell, carbide light and leather tool bag. Original paint and seat. Wooden wheels with reproduction single tube tires. Rear hub has patent date of 1908. Bike looks like pictures in the 1908 Sears catalog.
View attachment 668324
NOW that is nice!!!!! That Is original paint? wow,,,That is the kind of bike I would NOT want to modify to my liking,,,,It would be like taking 1932 original ford coupe and chopping it for a street rod.....It just would not be right,,,,could you give a pic of the fork and chain ring for future research???? thanks for your time on this,,,,I'll wait for a rollin basket case.....yours is way toooo nice,,,,,,,WEEBOB

Last edited:
Back