When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Elgin King

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I (personally) believe the Elgin King bikes were built in the Elgin (Illinois) watch factory, as 1). remember seeing a picture of the Watch factory in the rear of an Elgin Catalog, and 2). a pocket watch was used in some of the Elgin King ads. 3). had an Elgin King badge that said made in Elgin, IL.
Woodruff & Edwards foundry was just several blocks away, and could have made just about anything that was needed for cycles.
I've had an Acme King, 3 Napoleons, and a tens youth cycle, but never an actual Elgin King cycle.

Good luck with your quest!!

Elgin king very hard bike to find I started with badge and haven't been able get any further but always looking

Weebob, here are the photos you requested.
MVC-616S.JPG
MVC-617S.JPG
MVC-618S.JPG

It is for a tall rider. The center of crank to seat post is 24 inches with a stand over height of 34 1/2 inches. Serial number is on the underside of the bottom bracket.

It is for a tall rider. The center of crank to seat post is 24 inches with a stand over height of 34 1/2 inches. Serial number is on the underside of the bottom bracket.
Thanks Gordon,,,,I'm much shorter than that and too old to wrestle that height....Still trying for rider for me.....I'll probably add an ELGIN QUEEN to my search also,,,,..I want to THANK everybody for their help on this.......WEEBOB

Back