When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Huffman chain guard for my 1939 Pacemaker

-

Intense One

I live for the CABE
Wanting to buy a Huffman chain guard for my 1939 Pacemaker...looking for red to match my bike In top photo. Bottom photo borrowed from the internet.

Thanks.

How about a "teardrop" guard for now? Or even a "Holey" guard which came on many period bikes as original equipment as well as an aftermarket offering? I'm sure you can find a decent one for 1/10th of what the "crow's beak" will cost.
1582577916312.png

1582577799543.png

1582577932230.png

Or a repop Mesh guard if still available from @John?
1582578041394.png

Thank you for all the input, guys.....decisions decisions decisions. I have a few other style guards I could use but that crows beak looks awesome.....and as stated earlier probably hard to find without giving up a kidney

I think market on one of these (steel painted) is probably $500-600 so well below a body part but still not cheap. Of interest these were reproduced about 30 years ago. Does anyone have one of the repos and if so what is the 'tell(s)' from an original? V/r Shawn

Jerry Peters made a crows beak out of cast aluminum.
It looked a lot like the one in the photo above.

Last edited:
Jerry Peters made a crows beak out of cast out of aluminum.
It looked a lot like the one in the photo above.

The ones I'm talking about may have been made (or he had then made) by Thad P. but not sure about that. V/r Shawn

I think market on one of these (steel painted) is probably $500-600 so well below a body part but still not cheap. Of interest these were reproduced about 30 years ago. Does anyone have one of the repos and if so what is the 'tell(s)' from an original? V/r Shawn
Hokey Moley.......big bucks..... thinking I’ll leave it just the way I got it from the original 85 year old owner. It probably never had one on from day one

Back