When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Huret cable housing

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Skip Montanaro

Look Ma, No Hands!
I have a Frejus Tour de France on which I used some Huret derailleur and brake cable housing (or its Schwinn equivalent - apparently used for all models other than Paramounts in the early 60s). It's different than most regular housing in that it has a kind of checked texture. The brake housing looks like the bottom fragment in the picture below. The derailleur housing looks like the top fragment. (I believe the middle was part of the housing on the Frejus when I bought it.)

huret-housing.jpg

I am now working on a mid-50s Automoto Champion du Monde. The above Huret housing seems like it would be appropriate for that project as well. Unfortunately, I don't have enough left from my Frejus project. (I guess I should have bought more.) I'm hoping perhaps someone has a few feet of either the derailleur or brake housing.

I have a few pieces. I have the following shift housing: 5 foot piece, 4 foot, 2 1/2 foot, 2 foot, 15 inches and 17 inches. I have 2 pieces of brake housing: 4 foot and 2 foot. I would be happy to sell you what you need but am hoping you don't need it all as I use some occasionally.

@Gordon I spent a few minutes with the frame and my housing fragments. I actually think I might be okay. The rear brake routing is actually like Schwinns with the stops under the top tube, so I don't need as much brake housing as I thought. Also, the derailleur housing only runs between a few stops and the rear derailleur housing is probably best handled with the bare steel spiral wound stuff.

If things change though, I'll ping you.

@Gordon I spent a few minutes with the frame and my housing fragments. I actually think I might be okay. The rear brake routing is actually like Schwinns with the stops under the top tube, so I don't need as much brake housing as I thought. Also, the derailleur housing only runs between a few stops and the rear derailleur housing is probably best handled with the bare steel spiral wound stuff.

If things change though, I'll ping you.
Sure, let me know if you decide you need some. I assume you have the little "cups" that fit in the stops?

Back