When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Misc parts

-

RLS

Look Ma, No Hands!
I am hunting for parts myself and parts for a friend....at budget build prices.

I am hunting the following....

Decent condition 60's or 70's Schwinn small Speedo

Complete: Monarch double springer (restorable condition minimum) I dont realy care how pretty it is as long as everything is there and not rusted to rot.

COMPLETE: 1981 Cruiser5 Good paint is a must preferably Bright Blue metallic or Black, Decals irrelevant.

My friend (who has 8 or more Cruiser 5's all date coded between April 79 and June 80)
Is hunting for the following.....

Atom or other Vintage internal expanding shoe type Drum Brake Hubs and/or Complete Rims front or rear, standard heavy gauge spoke eyelets and 36 Holes if just a complete hub.

Vintage Japanese "Bike Bug" (originally sold through Sears and mail order) friction drive motor kit parts, ESPECIALLY fuel tanks (canteen type) with caps.

Last edited:
35 shipped
image.jpg

I do 25 $ shipped if that helps
Thanks for your kind offer, but I can't right now.
If you still have it availible in a week or two, I will know more of what I can and can't get away with and we can exchange PayPal info. Im can't ask you to hold it for me though I would like to.

For drum brake hubs, you can find many old moped wheels on ebay or CL for really cheap. The front hubs range from Grimeca to Lelui (spelling?) And other brands, and the size is about the same as an Atom drum.

Rear moped drums usually have a single freewheel, and the other side has the engine drive sprocket 6 hole mount, but you can grind them off, or just leave them.

Rears are 135mm, so you have to spread the frame, but that's easy.

Rim size is 16" or 17" usually, so you'll have to respoke the hubs into bike rims, unless you're building a bmx bike. (16" is motorcycle sizing, which equates to a 20" bicycle wheel and 20" bike tires will fit on them.)

Probably more info than your friend needs, but...

I've bought them for as little as 20 bucks a pair.

Oh, and they use 12 or 11g spokes.

Back