When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: parts for Rollfast and Iver Johnson restorations

-

djpubba

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello kind sirs. I'm looking for various parts to restore the bikes in the pics attached. I've got a Rollfast Motorbike and an Iver Johnson Truss Racer.

Iver
https://photos.app.goo.gl/19scmUMPW8N6L51C2
  • Left side nut/fastener for two piece crank. Seems to be about 7/16" with fine threading you can't find at home depot.
  • appropriate 1/2” TOC pedals (quill? rat trap?)
  • Major Taylor style stem

Rollfast
https://78.media.tumblr.com/8427e55c16cdb8f2d5b7b8a4937e0ba9/tumblr_osp9i0oqLJ1tt67edo2_1280.jpg
  • Rollfast or De Lux tank and clamps (current tank is a repop)
  • Appropriate handlebars (current bars are moving over to the Iver

Thanks much!

G4CP5soT6oL5Rl4aeGoQuz_wcrftYRi0ylUYfG10DQjYjHQ90DUll53KvHnWJCMvVE3vZE26zTeiaQ-BKoA=w994-h745-no.jpg

tumblr_osp9i0oqLJ1tt67edo2_1280.jpg

Hi djpubba,
Interesting looking Iver you have there ! Post the 6 character serial # located on the top right seat tube and we can better narrow down the year. A few more pics and we can figure out what model it is. Pete in Fitchburg

I'd probably put that Iver about 1920ish. With a serial number of "374799" and a pre21 badge, it's somewhere in that area. Pete in Fitchburg

Iver Johnson Serial Numbers copy.jpg

Now the bigger question...................what model is it? Iver Johnson made a few different models with that "Special Truss" frame. 1) the Racing Bike line, 2) a Heavy Service bike, and 3) a Superior Truss. Some of the key things I always look for is how it is pinstriped, but not much of the original pinstriping is still visible on your bike. Sometimes a chainring can give you a clue, but all three models I mentioned have similar chainrings, Sometimes a fork might tell a story, but it appears your fork has been replaced with a non-Iver fork. A racer would have had a plated head tube and fork. A previous owner could have painted over the headt tube area and covered the plating on your bike? One thing that could also tell a story is if the support between the chain stays and seat stays are drilled for fenders?? Not always accurate but another clue. Fame geometry would help but I'm not well versed in that area. Pete in Fitchburg

It does have a fender hole. No hint of plating on the head tube. Probably not a Racer. I'm still going to build it up as if it is a racer because I love that style. But I'll definitely let the next caretaker of it know what's up.

I had a Goosen's Special track bike and regret letting it go.

You have an amazing collection! Do you have any advice on a non-drive side crank arm nut? Are they non-standard or is there something I can use on there until/if I find the correct nut/fastner?

Back