When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Postwar Schwinn DX

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

EastsideSchwinn

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello everyone. I'm looking for a postwar Schwinn DX right in the $400.00 - $450.00 range.. I would preffer local sale due to shipping cost.. Im in the Los Angeles area, so if you might have one please let me know, I'd be interested in taking a look at it...Thank you :)

How complete -- what color

Hello everyone. I'm looking for a postwar Schwinn DX right in the $400.00 - $450.00 range.. I would preffer local sale due to shipping cost.. Im in the Los Angeles area, so if you might have one please let me know, I'd be interested in taking a look at it...Thank you :)

Are you looking for a full dressed ( tank - rack - etc ) version of the bike ?? or a plain Jane -- & what condition ?? Just trying to help potential sellers & you out - I just sold one a couple of days back -- RIDE VINTAGE -- Frank

Thanks for the reply

Hey frank thanks for the reply, The bike is actually for a buddy of mine and thats pretty much his budget... $450 would pretty much max him out... Im sure he would love a nice deluxe model but I doubt it meet that limit... He would be happy with a nice rider..mostly complete of course with fenders and chain guard..but doesnt have to have all the bells and whistles.. color isnt really important. he really just wants a DX..lol..

he likes mine and is why he wants one...and here is what I have... thanks for the help.

Updated4-1.jpg

you just missed this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

and mine is going off in a couple hours. if you want to bid, and you win I could bring it to a Coaster ride. I have enough to make a bike, though some parts wouldn't be strictly correct. we would need to make a deal on the rest of the parts. your friend should be riding for way under the $450 point. the fenders up for auction are post war while the frame is a 1941. I do have a set of earlier fenders and the correct wheels.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150868287856?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150868290003?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

That looks like the one I sold at the Long Beach Swapmeet

Did you get this from me at the Long Beach swapmeet a couple months back ?? I know you didn't but it looks real close with similar patina & everything -- I bought it for a friend & he didn't like the color -- so I passed it on for what I paid for it -- well actually lost some money because I added tubes & tires & had spent all the effort going through the bike before I found out he didn't like the color of it ( I guess it didn't match his skirt LOL ) & it didn't have the siren & the tail -- yours looks great -- Is original paint important ??

Schwinn DX 1948.jpg

Last edited:
Send me a link

you just missed this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

and mine is going off in a couple hours. if you want to bid, and you win I could bring it to a Coaster ride. I have enough to make a bike, though some parts wouldn't be strictly correct. we would need to make a deal on the rest of the parts. your friend should be riding for way under the $450 point. the fenders up for auction are post war while the frame is a 1941. I do have a set of earlier fenders and the correct wheels.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150868287856?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150868290003?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

Ill let him know about the parts but I know he wants something more complete...either way send me the link on the one youll be selling on ebay.. thank you

Did you get this from me at the Long Beach swapmeet a couple months back ?? I know you didn't but it looks real close with similar patina & everything -- I bought it for a friend & he didn't like the color -- so I passed it on for what I paid for it -- well actually lost some money because I added tubes & tires & had spent all the effort going through the bike before I found out he didn't like the color of it ( I guess it didn't match his skirt LOL ) & it didn't have the siren & the tail -- yours looks great -- Is original paint important ??

View attachment 60022

lol..You never know it might be, this one is badged Our Own Hardware EZ Speed..I actually got it from a gentlemen by the name of Ray he sells at the swapmeet every now and then... but Ive had this one for about a year now..thanks for the compliment.

Original paint isnt important, as long as it looks close to original

Well let me see what I can find ---

I will have to look in storage -- I thought I had one -- but it's been a while -- I dig on the DX frame -- it rides better than a Straight bar frame to me -- they have a real great look to them -- I hope you don't have to bring the brick along on the rides LOL -- I know it's for the better picture

my bike is the grey frame and fenders in the ebay auctions above. this is what the bike looks like right now. win both auctions and we'll talk about the rest of what's here and what parts you want. obviously not everything on the bike is correct.

vbulletin

and this is the earlier set of fenders.

vbulletin

Hey Scott,I need a set of nice fenders for my '50 DX.

Can ya help me out?

Are Truss Rod and Springer front fenders the same?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back