When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found WTB Rusty but functional hourglass front hub for 1910s bicycle

-

cbustapeck

Wore out three sets of tires already!
hub 1916 1.jpg

I'm looking for a front hub for my circa 1917 Hawthorne DeLuxe. The rear hub is a New Departure Model A. The front is as specified above. I'm not looking for this exact design, but just something close enough, and with 36 holes, that will look right. Rusty but functional. I'll happily trade a J.C. Higgins skip tooth hub with an Elgin arm for a decent example.

The best I have found so far in my budget is this one, at $18 with shipping, but I would like something that is a bit more hourglass-like, if possible.
s-l1600.jpg

Thank you!

Ditto: I saw that on evilbay too. Thinking the same thing. It has the right shape. I'm thinking a coat of hammer finish paint to make it look older.

Ditto: I saw that on evilbay too. Thinking the same thing. It has the right shape. I'm thinking a coat of hammer finish paint to make it look older.
I was thinking of polishing it to a polished level finish. Same idea, though.

90398DD4-2CF5-4DE9-B769-BA23D1C47412.png

I am thinking about this one, too. In some ways, better, in others worse.

Back