When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Schwinn Cantiliver Hanging Tank

-

Dave K

I live for the CABE
A guy can dream. Looking for a tank for my 38 Schwinn canti project. Have collected all the parts including gothic fenders big drum etc etc only part I need is the tank. Paint and body work are 80% done tank would not go into another perpetual parts horde or get flipped but go directly to paint and body and be installed on my dream bike build. Not afraid of rot dents or damage. Please please consider me if you have a tank you might be willing to cut loose.

One of the best ways to get a Hanging Canti tank is to give up on ever getting one.

Yes I completely got the insane notion of ever finding one out of my mind.

What I did however is borrow an original and made a mold, then cast a solid master from resin, primered it and block sanded it to be a perfect rendition of compound curves and radius’.

I made a handful of semi hollow resin tanks. Gave one to a local friend who gave it to Portland Aaron who made cast aluminum tanks from my very first tank.

I still have my master and my molds and the notion to make 3mm tanks from resin or aluminum again one day.

Yes I totally gave up on finding an original for over 15 years and then Marty showed me the ebay listing for one original hanging canti tank for sale, I did buy it. Then I bought a complete 40 hanging tank canti that had a unrepairable frame but complete with dual brakes.

Luck can show up late or not at all.

Back