When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Grey Ghost

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Does anyone have a decent pair of these they would like to part with?
They are really the last accessory I need to make my Krate “original”.
I just can’t afford a $200+ pair of NOS ones like I see on eBay.

I saw those. They are Sunset Orange, too dark.
Thanks for the link though. I actually thought about buying those and bleaching them a bit. Don’t know if that would work or not. Probably to much red in them anyway.

Don’t have to be original Hunt Wilde, repops would be fine.
I wonder if they ever made these?
I have seen other brake covers but they look a bit different and not sure if they were made in the color you are looking for. One of those things you need to check for everyday and maybe get lucky and find a seller not looking for your first born as a price hahaha

Oh don't bleach them lol, then you'll end up with white ones :)

When you find a pair, just be careful and look them over well before buying them. Hunt Wilde/Schwinn Kool Orange Grips and Lever Covers develop mold spots in them from age and storage, it will look like large dark spots in the rubber. These will not come out, they are permanent.

As an example, these grips have them, although these have LOTS of spots, where some just have a few here and there:

When you find a pair, just be careful and look them over well before buying them. Hunt Wilde/Schwinn Kool Orange Grips and Lever Covers develop mold spots in them from age and storage, it will look like large dark spots in the rubber. These will not come out, they are permanent.

As an example, these grips have them, although these have LOTS of spots, where some just have a few here and there:

Does that happen to all of their items or just the orange? I have seen it and wondered what the issue was, now I know.

Ah, very interesting.
Good to know, thank you.

Back