When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB - Schwinn or PARK HCW-1 Tool 43mm Bottom Bracket Spanner Tool (See Picture)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MatrixFab

Look Ma, No Hands!
Please PM with Leads, Thanks
Screen Shot 2022-08-30 at 6.12.26 PM.png
CW-1

I have a Schwinn labeled tool that appears to be 43mm on one end .. I tested it on the large nut that holds the chain ring.. The other ends looks to 24mm would be curious to know what that is for.. Doesn’t seem to be any nut that would be that size..

Here’s another Schwinn tool for reference 43mm on the open end and 36mm on the enclosed side.. Again not sure what the 36mm end is for..

If your trying to remove the fixed/drive side cup, don’t even bother trying to use that type of wrench.
See thread, on removing bottom bracket fixed cup, the workshop forum.
This method worked really well, and saved those precious thin wrench flats from being boggered up by trying to remove the cup with that wrench.
That wrench is great for installation, but not so much when trying to remove the cup.

I usually use a XXLarge adjustable wrench.. I was thinking the 43mm nut that holds the chainring to the crank though.. here’s the link to the post mentioned above..

I’ve sometimes if it’s really stuck dropped the flat edges into the Vice jaws and just ran them down til they touched it and used the jaws like a wrench. Grab those crank arms and give them a push counter clockwise and they come right loose.

I’ve sometimes if it’s really stuck dropped the flat edges into the Vice jaws and just ran them down til they touched it and used the jaws like a wrench. Grab those crank arms and give them a push counter clockwise and they come right loose.

That's how I do the really stubborn ones - put the flats in the vise and then use the extra leverage of the crank arms to turn the whole assembly apart.

Back