When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Sturmey Archer cable adjuster.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

FICHT 150

Finally riding a big boys bike
Greetings,
I need the cable adjuster that threads into a 3 speed 1950s vintage Sturmey Archer shifter. Need not be NOS, but, usable, as in all threads intact. Mine is broken, and would like to get it working. Email at [email protected] and thanks for any and all assistance.
Ted

Sent you one back! Other end of the cable, up by the shifter-threaded barrel that goes into shifter.
Thanks in advance,
Ted

Just so you know, just about everything is still available from SA. Either contact the guy through the SA website, or most larger chain bike shops order from a distributer that can get SA parts.

The part they sell now is different. It is a plastic slide in arrangement that is pretty idiot proof, but, not original to my 1959 Schwinn Tiger. I'm hopeful someone has a spare laying around. I'd buy a complete used, old shifter to get the part I need, if it comes to that.
Thanks.
Ted

A bit beyond my computer abilities. I've seen a picture or two on the web.

Anybody?

Ted

Cable end

Here it is. As you can see, the end of the cable needs to be removed to replace this piece. It would seem to me that Sturmey intended for you to replace the entire cable if this barrel was broken.

Attachments

• saend.JPG
    saend.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 33
Seriously.

Sturmey Archer USA
3212 Jefferson St. #409
Napa, CA 94558-3436
Tel: +1 (707) 259-6700

Call him and ask if this cable is still available. I'm 99% sure it is. Get the distributer's name(I forgot the name but it's a common one), find a bike shop that uses that distributer(Most major shops will). Go there, they should have a current catalog from that distributor. There will be a SA section in the catalog. Find the cable you need(don't take the guy's word behind the counter about availablity) and ask them to order it for you.

SA cable

I have offered to sell him a cable but he doesn't seem to want to go that route.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back