When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Sturmey Archer cable adjuster.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Gordon,
I sent you an email this morning. I'm sorry if it appears I'm not interested in anything, however, I work at one of the last union printshops in the twin citys metro area, and with the election coming we are working tons of overtime on DFL printing and mailing. My wife and kid haven't seen much of me lately, much less the computer.
I am interested in anything that works to get my old bike running. My local bike shop could not have been less interested in helping me, unless I wanted a new shifter. They wouldn't look up anything. New, as long as it matches what I've got with zero modifications on my part would be best, but, nice used will do.
I'll call the number above to see what I get.
Thanks again.
Ted

I just went to the local bike shop and they had the cable you need hanging on the wall. $5.99, complete with all the hardware. Let me know if you need me to pick it up for you. Or you could just call them and maybe they can send it to you. Let me know if Gordon's help doesn't work out.

Gordon has very gratiously offered up a spare barrel end, which I intend to try to make work, or, a slightly longer cable than mine if that doesn't work out. It remains to be seen if I can make any of this work, but, his help is much appreciated.

My cable is about 52" in length with perhaps 18" of that encased in cable housing. Further looking and study revealed a bit more bad news (of course!) the vinyl cover on the internal cable as it exits the housing is pretty far gone. Also, the little clamp on chrome wheel the exposed cable rides on is junk. That isn't a problem, Harris has those in stock.

If the $5.99 cable matches the above dimensions, more or less, please go grab it and I'll pay you for it! I'm in Mpls, MN. And thanks, AntonyR.

By the way, I called the number for Sturmey, and got an answering machine. After leaving the detailed info and a call back number it asked for, I never heard anything. Maybe he is busy, or out of town.

I'll try again. Thanks to both of you so much for all the help.
Ted

Still haven't heard back from the Sturmey Archer guy. AntonyR, did you happen to check length on the bike shop cable you saw? My offer still holds, I'll send you the money if it is close to 52 inches.

Thanks again.
Ted

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back