When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Troxel No. 36 Juvenile C.C. Saddle / Seat - $2500

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Don't let this bike die.

I've spent over $10k buying parts for this bike. Many people have ripped me off. I don't care. I just want to save this little bike.

Some little kid got this bike on Christmas morning in 1919. It was everything to him. Maybe it was your grandfather. Maybe it was mine. It was somebody's.

It endured the GA heat for 100 years and survived somehow. Don't let it die.

What parts have you collected for this bike that have cost so much money? I still have an extra pair of 20" NOS single tube tires.

482351fed4e1dc8f24c505b949efd0ee.jpg

I have a number of very nice pre 1920 juvenile bicycles.

This Ty Cobb Roadster is outfitted with a lovely red leather Troxel with metal trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 1049211

I have a number of very nice pre 1920 juvenile bicycles.

This Ty Cobb Roadster is outfitted with a lovely red leather Troxel with metal trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is super freaking cool. I love it. But, my understanding was that the were made in the 20's, not pre-1920. Though, I'm far from an expert.

OK. I just got a text from the person who told me no pre-1920 juvenile bikes exist, and he said he told me "boys verified pre-1920". Who knows. Either way, I want to get it back together and leave it for future generations to enjoy.

Last edited:
Great to hear your search paid off. $2500 for one of those seats has to be a new record for one of those. When you don't let money stand in your way things come easier! V/r Shawn

What parts have you collected for this bike that have cost so much money? I still have an extra pair of 20" NOS single tube tires.

I'm probably over-estimating, but I really don't want to add it up because I would be sick!

I've got a ton of money in seats. I have bought 6 and given away 2 of them. I also paid a guy $500 for a seat and a tool pouch and it was total junk when I got it - worthless. He said he would give me my money back, but never replied back to me. And yes I bought it from someone on the the CABE.

I paid big money for some juvenile rat trap pedals because they were the only ones I had ever come across. I've bought as many 28 hole ND hubs as I could find. I also wanted a chain that had "61" stamped in the diamond because that's what the old ragged chain left dangling on the bicycle had. I only came across one so I bought it. Probably WAY over paid, but what are you going to do....wait for the next one to come along?

I also got ripped off on some wheels. I was told they were NOS - yea right! Not only were they not NOS, they had 24 holes (was told 28).

I could go on and on. I can't resist buying something that I think is correct - and 90% of the time I wind up disappointed when I get it. It's a great feeling though when you open that box and you have something amazing that works. Oh, I just remembered all the grips I've bought also.

But just so you know, I don't have any expensive hobbies and this little bike is special to me. I feel like I was meant to preserve it.

Will you please PM me a picture of the tires you have and a price? I have some tires, but I'm not super crazy about them (and I won't even tell you how much I paid for them - but they are nice NOS tires).

Back