When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Troxel No. 36 Juvenile C.C. Saddle / Seat - $2500

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here are some, but not all of the parts I have collected.

20180128_154509.jpg

I think that the seat I'm looking for would have a side profile similar to one of these adult seats. Notice in the picture I included from the IJ catalog that the seat looks much thinner than the seats I currently have and everyone is offering. Also, notice that the seat does not look to be rounded at the back corners, but more squared off. Just looks more like a longer, less rounded seat than anything I've ever actually seen. Then again, how would we ever know what a Troxel No. 36 C.C. seat actually looks like? It's not like there's one left in the box somewhere to compare it.

Does anyone have a clue what the C.C. might stand for?

1566220039630.png

1566219594399.png
1566219728635.png

Last edited:
Here's another adult example. Just looking at these seats, it seems like the way they built them changed somewhere in the late teens or early 20s. It seems like the older ones were built using a piece of plywood and 2 pieces of leather. The leather was sewn together around the plywood and the seam seems to be vertical in orientation. This created sort of the lip you see around the back portion of this seat (and the ones above). But, at some point, I guess technology allowed the manufacturers to stamp metal easily and they could create a metal frame. This created a more rounded and contoured seat. Since the metal also had sides, now the seam was below the metal and was more horizontal. This stamped metal, with its sides, made the seat appear much thicker than the earlier seats.

All of this is just my guess from studying these seats for the last few years.

I wish someone out there really understood these seats and how they were built and could tell me exactly what is in that picture from the catalog!

1566222716611.png

And so, Jesse … where the fiddle-dee-dee is @bike ?

Fast asleep with his arm on the tiller ? …………… Yoo-Hoo … bike .. .. Yoo-Hoo…..
Worst thing I can say about this saddle is The Dust …...

Last edited:
Back