When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Troxel No. 36 Juvenile C.C. Saddle / Seat - $2500

-
Carl … thank you for those kind words.
Found a CABE Thread -- Iver Johnson Boy Scout bikes --
right here on the CABE … don't know how to cut and
glue .. but you can use the CABE SEARCH feature and
possibly get some usable info.

Years and years ago .. one of my painting instructors
shared the concept of the ''visual vocabulary''. Nothing
more than magazine snippets of features of peeps .. places ..
and objects that one hoped to learn to paint.

Also taught was the concept of ''seeing'' vs ''looking''.

The Fine Arts Department at Wright State University in the
mid-60's taught ''painting'' … but it was really ''photo-realism''.

Your mention of a ''color photograph'' … and me ''being lucky
to have it'' -- is the result of me creating my own luck.

I still use my visual vocabulary .. but these days it's in my laptop.

….. patric

This is def a field where you make your own luck by due diligence, you are def a king among men when it comes to due diligence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm probably over-estimating, but I really don't want to add it up because I would be sick!

I've got a ton of money in seats. I have bought 6 and given away 2 of them. I also paid a guy $500 for a seat and a tool pouch and it was total junk when I got it - worthless. He said he would give me my money back, but never replied back to me. And yes I bought it from someone on the the CABE.

I paid big money for some juvenile rat trap pedals because they were the only ones I had ever come across. I've bought as many 28 hole ND hubs as I could find. I also wanted a chain that had "61" stamped in the diamond because that's what the old ragged chain left dangling on the bicycle had. I only came across one so I bought it. Probably WAY over paid, but what are you going to do....wait for the next one to come along?

I also got ripped off on some wheels. I was told they were NOS - yea right! Not only were they not NOS, they had 24 holes (was told 28).

I could go on and on. I can't resist buying something that I think is correct - and 90% of the time I wind up disappointed when I get it. It's a great feeling though when you open that box and you have something amazing that works. Oh, I just remembered all the grips I've bought also.

But just so you know, I don't have any expensive hobbies and this little bike is special to me. I feel like I was meant to preserve it.

Will you please PM me a picture of the tires you have and a price? I have some tires, but I'm not super crazy about them (and I won't even tell you how much I paid for them - but they are nice NOS tires).
That's what happens when some peoples kids ride the short bus. They don't know the difference between 24 and 28. Oh Well. Good luck getting that little Iver together. Be sure and keep us posted with some pix. Razin.

Back