When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTF What totally facinating pedal is this??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yes, you can get them in all kinds of styles. The ones I got are supposed to have the cleats recessed enough to work like normal shoes, but the cleats still clacked on pavement and made some surfaces slippery. Maybe the expensive ones actually deliver, but they were more money than any shoes I've ever bought except for some dress shoes and since I don't race and don't mountain bike anymore, flat pedals are so much cheaper and more versatile. I did really like them for mountain biking, though—much easier to keep your feet in and get them back on than toe clips and it lets you pull your pedals up as well as push down to get through technical stuff.

one thing I found out about clipless pedals is if the chain falls off when downshifting while going up hill it is much more difficult to get your feet out of the pedals and when the bike stops, you fall over.

as for the clickety clack of riding shoes when walking my mountain bike shoes have rubber treads on the bottom and the cleat does not touch the ground. I think MTB shoes have more "walkability" designed into them than road shoes. my road shoes have hard plastic soles and there is no heel on them. very odd to walk in them.

I pretty much wear the same shoes on all the bikes I ride.

Van's, Sperry's, workboats, running shoes. yep, pretty much whatever I have on my feet when I decide to go for a ride.

"Clip-in" makes more sense to me...but seems the correct term is "Clip-less" due to the fact that they do not require toe-clips? I know nothing about them. All my pedals have rubber blocks or rat-traps that tear your shins up.
Mine too. Razin. Ugly F%%%%%kig pedals.

Back