When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 Bsa Paratrooper Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jbeer1212

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Here is a pretty complete and original BSA Para-bike. I think the paint is original too. The only things off are the grips and the seat from what I can tell.
I wonder what the reflective tape is designating, has anyone seen this before?
I am helping a friend sell it so I intend to list it, but first thought I'd see what opinions folks had.

20200308_172019_HDR.jpg

20200308_172046_HDR.jpg

20200308_172118_HDR.jpg

20200308_172122_HDR.jpg

20200308_172142.jpg

20200308_172209.jpg

Sometimes tape is just tape - as in “don’t run me over” tape. The seats wrong, that’s gonna be a bitch to find. Handlebar grips, same deal, but worth the struggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes tape is just tape - as in “don’t run me over” tape. The seats wrong, that’s gonna be a bitch to find. Handlebar grips, same deal, but worth the struggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah... I think I will leave the seat and grips to the purchaser. If I owned it I would definitely find the seat, grips, and ideally tool kit and keeping it. As for the tape I thought maybe the E related to company or something.

Nice bike, more complete than most that turn up. Really only the saddle is the difficult bit, assuming the tape can be removed without damaging the paint.

As to the tape, some clue to it's origin could be when and where your friend got it. If it was from the Sears catalogue in the 1950's then it's likely to be a civilian addition. If he bought it fairly recently, it may be ex-Danish Army, who used them until recently, alongside thier own copies of it.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Nice bike, more complete than most that turn up. Really only the saddle is the difficult bit, assuming the tape can be removed without damaging the paint.

As to the tape, some clue to it's origin could be when and where your friend got it. If it was from the Sears catalogue in the 1950's then it's likely to be a civilian addition. If he bought it fairly recently, it may be ex-Danish Army, who used them until recently, alongside thier own copies of it.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Would a Danish model or Sears model have the BSA markings?
The man he got it from, said his father brought it back from the war.
And as far as the tape is concerned 3M was producing a reflective tape as early as 1938 or 39 from what I understand.

Back