When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Ww2 Columbia westfield bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
4000/offer

Dansctbass

On Training Wheels
Howdy..found this a few years ago and may consider moving it on. Appears other than paint to be original. Has eclipse rims..stamp on leather seat (stressed) war tires, looking to find a value and possible home for it. Can post any pics needed

20210506_120056.jpg

20210506_120008.jpg

20210506_120108.jpg

20210506_120033.jpg

Looks in good condition from here, but it was repainted...interested to see what the original paint would have looked like. What is the serial number and date code on the rear hub?

Last edited:
Hi @Dansctbass

As the others have already said, it's a very nice bike.

As a first guess of the date, assuming the parts to it are original, because it's Columbia with a straight bar frame, and a 'Coffin' type chain ring, probably between September 42 and March 43, though it could also be a January to February 44 which are rarer, but also had these features.

If you're willing to share the serial numbers, we can date it to the month. The frame numbers are on the bottom of the bike, on the bb, and look like this:

Above the MG154118 is a second letter/number K8 (not easy to see here), yours will also have a single letter and one or two numbers.

The only other directly datable part is the rear hub.

The M2 on the one above is a date code for Quarter two, 1943. This might not be so easy to see if the hub has been repainted.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Looks like was painted red at some point.i noticed overspray on pedals when I was looking for serial number and saw under green when I removed some paint. Rear hub is M4 date..frame looks like MG 4199A with a L and a 1. Here are my best pics.

20210507_104356.jpg

20210507_105040.jpg

20210507_105349.jpg

20210507_105319.jpg

20210507_105058.jpg

Hi @Dansctbass

Thanks for that (-:

Just as well I said there were some rarer 1944 ones with the features mentioned - this is one of those.

The serial number is M14199A, L1, with an M4 dated Morrow.

L1 says the frame was made in January 1944, as one of the last G519's to be built. M14199A means it was built up into a bike February 1944 (there are some lower serial numbered Compax's with February frame dates).

M4 is a Morrow from October to December 1943, and is appropriate for a bike of this date, (they would be made a little before the bike was) so it is possible it is the original one to the bike.

@blackcat has restored the closest known serial number to this, MG14197A, only a couple of serial numbers different, and found in France. Here's the details:

I hope this helps, feel free to ask further questions.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi @Dansctbass

Thanks for that (-:

Just as well I said there were some rarer 1944 ones with the features mentioned - this is one of those.

The serial number is M14199A, L1, with an M4 dated Morrow.

L1 says the frame was made in January 1944, as one of the last G519's to be built. M14199A means it was built up into a bike February 1944 (there are some lower serial numbered Compax's with February frame dates).

M4 is a Morrow from October to December 1943, and is appropriate for a bike of this date, (they would be made a little before the bike was) so it is possible it is the original one to the bike.

@blackcat has restored the closest known serial number to this, MG14197A, only a couple of serial numbers different, and found in France. Here's the details:

I hope this helps, feel free to ask further questions.

Best Regards,

Adrian
Thank you very much for your info. Any idea on a proper value if I send this to a new home.

Hi @Dansctbass

Sorry, I don't value bikes, if I value too low, then it sells fast, and the owner is unhappy, if I value too high, the owner has unrealistic expectations, and is unhappy when it doesn't sell.

It is possible to search past sales on Cabe,

Note that the bikes at $4500 are at the top end of the price range because they are good examples, and have all the extra whistles and (literally) bells. And we don't know if they sold for that finally.

They are original paint, with the pumps, toolbags, tools, bell, correct tyres, bicyle stand and saddle in good condition. To buy just those parts separately would be 600-800 dollars. On the other hand your bike, although repainted (and many are) seems original, nicely presented, not missing anything major.

I hope that gives you a starting point. Remember, you can always lower a price, but it is not so easy to increase a price.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Back