When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII BSA Paratrooper Bike...Just Brought it Home!

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Well, this is one I had no clue as to what it was when I first saw photos of it. @coasterbrakejunkie1969 and @catfish knew immediately and let me know, so THANKS GUYS!!!

Turns out the gentleman who originally owned it collected old bikes, and had passed away 12 years ago. His son was cleaning out the garage where a few others were, covered in dirt, and this was the "different one" I gravitated to. He has a 1940's Schwinn New World that I might consider, but it's in rough shape also. (Augh!!! I'm really out of room...again)!

Anyway, please let me know what is and isn't original (and yes, I know the pedal is on backwards, bit it was for storage reasons I was told). Appears the neck and handlebars aren't, along with possibly the wheels and of sourse tires and saddle.

Looking forward to the comments! Oh, and I think I got a good deal...$80...and it was only 6 miles from my house.

IMG_0904.jpeg

IMG_0905.jpeg

IMG_0906.jpeg

IMG_0907.jpeg

IMG_0908.jpeg

IMG_0911.jpeg

IMG_0913.jpeg

IMG_0914.jpeg

IMG_0915.jpeg

IMG_0916.jpeg

IMG_0917.jpeg

Many of these were sold post war as Army surplus.
There was a civilian version briefly exported to the USA immediately post WW2, but it was a non-folding frame version of the same design.
That's a real bargain at $80!!!!!!
Yours is the later single seat tube model.

There's green paint beneath in a few scraped spots, so whether this was surplus or not I'll never know. Maybe after the war they painted them black to sell to civilians.

It's a great buy, and I'm not that knowledgeable about BSA Paratroopers, but I think you bought a frame with a bunch of newer parts :). That being said, I'd customize that baby to make it work for my riding style. For $80 you have carte blanche.

It's a great buy, and I'm not that knowledgeable about BSA Paratroopers, but I think you bought a frame with a bunch of newer parts :). That being said, I'd customize that baby to make it work for my riding style. For $80 you have carte blanche.

Yes, frame and fork appear to be all that was original to the bike is right. I thought there were a few other parts that might be, but research said no. Still, I'm happy to have it!! Pretty cool bike... :)

Back