When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII Columbia Army Bike Restoration

-

MrColumbia

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I'm pretty close to getting all the parts I need to restore the 1943 bike. Unfortunately almost all the original paint was stripped off in the past but I did find a couple of glimpses of it. One was the inside of the gooseneck. The other is the rear hub as seen in this picture.
Orig Paint HUb.JPG

I will be posting other pictures as the build progresses. The hub insides look to be in good condition.
rear hub guts.JPG

I also want to thank Adrian (Mercian), Tom (izee2), Johan and Al from Bergerwerke Bicycles for all the parts and advice so far on this build. With all their help it took about a week to come up with a fork, headlight, tire pump, kickstand, pedal blocks, grips and get the seat re-covered. Amazing people here on the CABE.

Have you found everything you need? Look forward to seeing the finished product!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also want to thank Adrian (Mercian), Tom (izee2), Johan and Al from Bergerwerke Bicycles for all the parts and advice so far on this build. With all their help it took about a week to come up with a fork, headlight, tire pump, kickstand, pedal blocks, grips and get the seat re-covered. Amazing people here on the CABE.

Hi Mr Columbia,

I'm pleased to see that it's moving along nicely. (-:

I should just like to thank you for your appreciation, but say that I am a relative newcomer to this, and a lot of what I know has come from yourself and the others on your list, as well as from other individuals on the site. A classic hive memory.

Best Regards,

Adrian

The restoration is going at a very fast rate now. I am expecting the recovered seat pan back any day. Everything else is painted and assembly has commenced. Here are pictures so far. By tomorrow the bike will be nearly complete.

I have another 43 Columbia that I picked up at Copake a couple of weeks ago that I have snuck in and painted along side this bike so getting two restorations done at almost the same time.

wheels.JPG

front hub.JPG

Crank and Sprocket assy.JPG

front end assy.JPG

Rear fender on.JPG

More to come

Back