When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold WWII German Truppenfahrrad Bicycle ,Gritzner Loaded from Europe

-
Price
2,700.00 OBO
Zipcode

Frank Rizzo

Look Ma, No Hands!
I am selling my WWII German Bicycle , it is a Gritzner brand. I have seen this same bike in a German Truppenfahrrad book used during the war.
I purchased the bike all from Germany , and some parts from Poland many years ago.
The majority of the bike is period war time. The only reproduction parts that came out of Poland are the Pallas rear rack, the frame box, the Express style handle bars, Handle bar MANTELHAULTER, this holds the Zeltbahn .These parts are just amazing and spot on. The leather frame tool bag repo, The seat is made by Brooks , but it is almost identical to the originals . The dual leg kick stand is a current part, but useful.
The bike has been fully restored a few years back. It has a Torpedo rear hub and it is War time dated 1940, stamped DRP , indicates that is war time, check out the picture, really cool. The wheels are a set and are all original , not built by me.
The front Pallas light is inop at the moment but I think it can be fixed with some TLC. Pedals are more current West German type but are close.
Included is all the goodies that you see, The rear light on the rack is a captured British Torch.
Was this used by troops during the war, maybe, I call it a killer tribute bike , very accurate. If I missed anything or any questions message me please
I will ship it in the lower 48 US only. I will use Bike Fights, I have had very good luck with them. I am open to local pick if you want . S&H extra.
Note the last picture of the Gummi Pupe in the Krout uniform is not included with this sale
I am asking $2,700.00 OBO, If it sells for this price I will cover the shipping.
Nice Bike, rides great, be the coolest German at the events....

IMG_4972.JPG

IMG_4973.JPG

IMG_4974.JPG

IMG_4975.JPG

IMG_4977.JPG

IMG_4978.JPG

IMG_4979.JPG

IMG_4980.JPG

IMG_4982.JPG

IMG_4983.JPG

IMG_4993.JPG

IMG_4901.JPG

Great looking bike Frank!👌

I saw this one at the Guernsey underground museum when we visited the Channel Islands 3 years ago.

That's a nice one , can't imagine how many of those bikes were around at the end of the War, I need a time machine .
Most of the thousands of display items were left by the occupying Germans when they retreated from the Channel Islands. The museum is housed inside a mountain in tunnels that were dug out by the Germans. I overheard a couple of locals saying stuff still keeps popping up hidden in cellars and attics.

Back