When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-53 and Fleetline Super Deluxe rear reflector housing?

-

Mad Mike

Look Ma, No Hands!
So- The Western Flyer is well Known in the circles, The Murray/Mercury is too amongst those also..... Here's my Q?
Let's say for a year span from 49-51/52'ish, does the rear reflector ( i should say is) , a common between both makes? From what I gather, the piece is used on both models. I've seen the piece reproduced in plastic, but under the X-53 monniker. Just looking for the correct info,and looking for the correct housing/reflector assm. to install. I see side shots,pictures, but all on WF's. Same ass end on both bikes, but was there a difference between the makes? Thanks-Mike

I used to own an X-53 and a Murray Fleetline. I think they use the same reflector. As long as the reflector isn't cut out for the Western "spear" they should be the same. But I think the "spear" mounts just above the reflector, rather than the reflector having a cutout to go around it. I hope this helps.

1616420466481.png

1616420483741.png

Back