When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-53 find!!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Marc's Classic Chrome

Finally riding a big boys bike
Well I got lucky again and the owner decided to sell the bike to me. It is my first western flyer x-53 and I am very very excited but I have a few questions.

First of all I did some research and it appears to be a 1957?

I need a few things obviously but I have a question on rims. I assume that since it is a CW product a lot of bikes will have the correct chrome rims? Or did they do a special rim for this bike? Can you guys give me an idea of what bikes will work for that bike?

IMG_1532.JPG

IMG_1533.JPG

IMG_1534.JPG

IMG_1535.JPG

IMG_1536.JPG

IMG_1537.JPG

IMG_1538.JPG

IMG_1546.PNG

Yes Murray Ohio. The one I had actually had M.O. stamped on the rims. At least you got the tank but rack, guard, light, and pedals are all $$$. Personally I'd either be looking at rat or custom. To restore will be very expensive. V/r Shawn

It sure will be expensive but I am not in a huge hurry either I have about 100 projects and I keep finding stuff so it can wait for the right time.

Yes Murray Ohio. The one I had actually had M.O. stamped on the rims. At least you got the tank but rack, guard, light, and pedals are all $$$. Personally I'd either be looking at rat or custom. To restore will be very expensive. V/r Shawn

Totally agree. Not the bike to restore if pricey parts and hard to find parts scare a fella.

Nice find! Did you confirm it was a 57?
I got lucky and found a '58 a bit more complete a while back but mine is a bit more weathered than yours. I think they are very cool and unique bikes but as the others said,...pricey for parts and restoration. I like to revive them and keep original but mine is too far gone for that. It's now completely apart and I'm hoping to get it restored one day.
Good luck with yours!

IMG_1533.JPG

These are really good looking bikes, had one on radar for about 2 years and finally picked one up in the spring at Memory Lane. Parts are out there, but like the others have said, they tend to be a little on the expensive side! Good luck and happy hunting, that's half the fun, right! Joe
IMG_20170427_183730442.jpg

Nice find! Did you confirm it was a 57?
I got lucky and found a '58 a bit more complete a while back but mine is a bit more weathered than yours. I think they are very cool and unique bikes but as the others said,...pricey for parts and restoration. I like to revive them and keep original but mine is too far gone for that. It's now completely apart and I'm hoping to get it restored one day.
Good luck with yours!

View attachment 660720
I have not verified that yet. I need to do that! Thanks I am excited and you should be too!!! Great bike there!

These are really good looking bikes, had one on radar for about 2 years and finally picked one up in the spring at Memory Lane. Parts are out there, but like the others have said, they tend to be a little on the expensive side! Good luck and happy hunting, that's half the fun, right! JoeView attachment 660802
Hey Joe -- sounds like Jimmy Hendrix -- what year is your bike?

Question-- this is a black and gold bike, obviously. The sprocket is a skiptooth and they were not available during the 57-58 time period. So the skip tooth was swapped out later? I assume that is most likely?

Back