When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-53 Resto

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Slight_Rust_is_Accepted

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'm in the process of restoring this X-53. I got it as a Christmas present last year, it came from a small antique shop in Amish country. It's currently torn completely apart and most of the paint has been stripped from it. This is my first restore and i dont have any plans of selling it, I will post more pics along the way.

What I need to know:
Right now all I need to know is what the paint code/name of the original red they used is, I've heard its some sort of flamboyant red.

Thanks,
-Sam

Attachments

• 9217ff49.jpg
    9217ff49.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 193
Here are some new pics, got the wheels laced and a lot of it has been sanded. Got a reproduction seat but it's no substitute for the real thing.

Attachments

• 56964058.jpg
    56964058.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 87daad8e.jpg
    87daad8e.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 99
  • ffeeb2e8.jpg
    ffeeb2e8.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 93
I'll be going up to the Akron show/swap meet so I decided to put it back together for a while. Anyone else going up to that show, it's this Saturday March 3rd.

4a2627f9-1.jpg

254e2b50-1.jpg

6ec400a7-1.jpg

Looks good! You are right though, repop seat is no sub for the real thing. They can be had so keep looking.

Joe

I went to the Akron show.

It was really cool.I saw some nice Whizzers.

Looks like you only need the rear reflector,spear,correct pedals and seat.AND the expensive headlight. Lookin good.

Back