When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-53 What is a fair price .

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Paul Baker

'Lil Knee Scuffer
This x 53 looks original and complete except for headlight . Im trying to figure a fair price to offer the seller . Any thought

cool one.jpg

I'm no X53 expert but not sure about those pedals. A repo headlight will probably set you back about $250-300 and a real one if you could find it about $500-600. That said a pretty nice bike that should pop with a good cleaning. I would be at about $1k tops. I've seen some stiff asking prices ($2500ish) for these lately just not sure they move at that price. For me a nice, complete, decent original s about an $1800 bike. V/r Shawn

I'm no X53 expert but not sure about those pedals. A repo headlight will probably set you back about $250-300 and a real one if you could find it about $500-600. That said a pretty nice bike that should pop with a good cleaning. I would be at about $1k tops. I've seen some stiff asking prices ($2500ish) for these lately just not sure they move at that price. For me a nice, complete, decent original s about an $1800 bike. V/r Shawn
Great estimate.
The bike pictured looks like an old Re-Paint to me,
which can lead to all sorts of questions,
lowering price/value.
Very Cool bike, looks "Nice".😀

Great estimate.
The bike pictured looks like an old Re-Paint to me,
which can lead to all sorts of questions,
lowering price/value.
Very Cool bike, looks "Nice".😀
I think the bike is original paint. V/r Shawn

I love the x53. I have 3 frames but can never find the other missing parts. I’d say it’s gotta be in the 1200 range. If it had the correct light, 1500. That’s is about $30 per pound. 😀 best Of luck with the purchase, will need to get up and wipe the drool.

The X53 is one of my favorite postwar designs. I had a black and gold one but these post war Murrays just have a flimsy feel to them--at least to me. That said if I run up on a nice original black and gold bike at a decent price I'll probably buy it. V/r Shawn

Completely agreed on your assessment above, Freqman. They sure look gorgeous but can't get past off-brand's build quality. Schwinns have me spoiled. I've tried with a few Spaceliners but I inevitably end up selling them due to the flimsiness.

Estimating from a picture is somewhat useless.You have to go see if all the pieces are there,especially the rear fender pieces.Look to see if there are signs of a repaint,etc.The headlight is also a big factor. What is the seller asking ??

Back