When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X53

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TheFizzer

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Just bought this X53
photo-1.jpg

It was on ebay with a starting bid of $390 & it ended with no bids, so I sent the guy a message with an offer & he took it. Does anyone have any idea as to the year of this bike?

Nice...I was surprised it ended without a bid.
I had corresponded with the seller and would have bought it myself if it wasn't for adding shipping and that fact that I discovered one from a local collector just 2 days before.
Welcome to the line for the correct front delta fender light!

HAHA!! That's funny! "The line for the correct front light"! I'm in the line too!!

I have been in line for a while now, that is the last part that I need. Just can't bring myself to pay as much for one part as I paid for the whole bike.

The guys from Chestnut Hollow had some repops but I think they sold all of them.

I, too, saw that bike but I really want to find a 57-8 (black/gold) X53 in original condition 7 or better. This is one of the few 50s bikes I'm really after. The bike must be complete and original except, maybe, for tires. If anyone has a lead on one of these please let me know. Regarding the headlight; Jerry Peters (Chestnut Hollow) did a few repos of these but it was the top only. The bottom is the standard Rocket Ray. They were not cheap though--I believe about $125! v/r Shawn

I know of a ladies x-53 in original condition that is 7 or better, but it would be without the rear fender bumper bridge and headlight. It is in a blue color combo and was only made 53-55...an abbreviated run versus the men's (if my research is correct).
You never see them, okay, almost never.
Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll list it for sale.

Nice purchase....If you are to dis-assemble the bike, Be very careful with the rack tubes and the rear reflector housing as they are very very fragile and not cheap to replace.Just talking from experience.At one time I had 3 complete x-53's with 2 extra light tops.that was 15 -17 years ago .Had I known those tops would be so scarce now , maybe I would of held on to them.All 3 of mine were from the first year also (1953), red and black color scheme

Here's my X-53 i picked up off Craigslist

i got this off a guy near LA for $300.

First pic is how i got it. just cleaned it up, serviced it, added headlight, pedals and WF grips.

Was in pretty good condition, of course missing the top of the headlight..... Love riding it and gets lots of comments up here in Vancouver Canada.

Wayne

Attachments

• IMG_4856.JPG
    IMG_4856.JPG
    232.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4863.JPG
    IMG_4863.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4862.jpg
    IMG_4862.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 43
  • x-53 right side.JPG