When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hibbard Leader frame, crank assembly and fenders- 1930ish

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
400 + shipping
Zipcode

Ricker

Finally riding a big boys bike
1934 Snyder Hibbard Leader (28") frame crank assembly, fenders, headset etc. restored @ 1999. Still in excellent condition. The green is correct, the red should be white and the gold should be black. Powder coated with clear over the green & red. Bright parts are nickel, fenders were NOS as are the fender braces. I think the SN is C76639. Sorry it's so dusty...

This would make a great rider with just a few more parts- has one of my favorite chainrings with the flower and hearts. What you see here is what is included.
$400 + shipping to the lower 48.

Thanks!
Rick
IMG_7714.JPG
IMG_7716.JPG
IMG_7715.JPG
IMG_7724.JPG
IMG_7728.JPG

Last edited:
this looks late teens or early 20s by the chainring, fenders, camel back frame, ornate brass head badge. how do you come up with the 30's? just curious.

I have a letter from HSB dated 1935 that included catalog pages which are still showing schwinn built bikes. The next catalog that I have after that is in color and it shows all snyder built bikes. The chainring was used through the 30's and I have only seen that badge on 30's bikes. I haven't dug into my late 20's catalog to see if the badge was used then but all of the bikes shown are schwinn built. All of my Hibbards, right up to 1934 are schwinn built and I have a Hibbard badged B10E that has a 1936 SN. So I concluded that this was a 1930's bike. I could be wrong though. Here is a deluxe that was for sale in 2017 that is what the paint should be and has a snyder chainring- it also looks like it has both chrome and nickel parts on it:

I have what I believe is a 1935-D Snyder built motorbike with the same sweet heart chain ring sprocket, and with vertical badge holes, so maybe it once sported a HSB head badge also?
That might be consistent with your bike as a 1934-C?

That would make sense- This is awesome to know what year it is, thank you! I haven't researched Snyder since getting back into the hobby. There is so much more information and knowledge that is available and shared here than there was when I first picked this frame up. The serial number dating was not something anyone could reliably do. I will call it a 34!

Back