When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yamaha Moto Bike, the resurrection.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bruce Turk

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Back in 1975 my parents bought me a Yamaha Moto Bike------- I just noticed it hanging in the parts shed where it hasn't moved in at least 30 years and decided to Google it. That's how I found you guys/gals. I have been a vintage car restorer for 32 years and have done 8 complete restorations; I still own all 8 cars. Quite frankly my back is not up for restoration number nine, so I thought I would tackle something a bit less labor intensive.

So here it is, my old Moto Bike. It was originally orange and since I was a Hot Rod kinda kid, I quickly sanded off the original paint and covered it in metallic blue. The bike was heavy, so I put it on a diet, throwing away the kick stand, rear fender, chain guard, reflectors and cutting off part of the tubular frame that supported the rear fender. The handle bars were thrown out and replaced with something more chopper-like... I'm sure other modifications were made along the way.

So here I am, age 59, looking at my old ride. I would like to undo my childhood modifications where possible, by sourcing original parts. That means I need the parts listed above, a paint code and hopefully a decal set. As luck would have it I have access to a machine shop at work, so replacing the missing piece of tubular frame will not be difficult. We can bend one up and Tig it in.

I don't recall ever replacing the rims, do they look original to you?

Let the fun begin.
Regards,
Bruce Turk

YAMAHA MOTO BIKE 004.JPG

YAMAHA MOTO BIKE 005.JPG

YAMAHA MOTO BIKE 006.JPG

YAMAHA MOTO BIKE 007.JPG

YAMAHA MOTO BIKE 009.JPG

YAMAHA MOTO BIKE 010.JPG

YAMAHA MOTO BIKE 011.JPG

Thank you for the reply. I found the decals, thanks for the tip. What orange paint did you use? Could I trouble you for a measurement or two so I can bend the tube for the rear fender? I can make a drawing with the measurement points that I will need.

Those Yamaha's were cool bikes. I have a vintage '73 Yamaha MX360 dirt bike that I have had for a few years that was fun to ride in the desert.
I brought this Bicrosser BMX bike on eBay s few months ago. It is pretty cool; Suntour 3 Speed, drum brakes, rear shocks.
I actually want to make this ridable so I am attempting to make it fit. I was able to fit a standard 26" crank with no petal strike issues. I put a long stem on it.
I have a seat post coming. Cleaning up the wheels and brakes and replacing the tires with yellow walled streets. If all goes well, I will blast and powder coat the frame lemon yellow. I plan to replace the shocks with some stiffer minibike shocks. These bottom out a bit; not a kid anymore...

Now that the bike is broken down to parts, I will fix the frame in a couple of spots, followed by paint. I know finding an original handlebar will be next to impossible, so I will look for something close. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The seat will be an easy fix, I just have to straighten out the metal pan, then replace the foam and vinyl. I am missing the chain tension bolts and associated hardware that pulls the wheel back, can anyone provide a nice clear photo so I can fabricate them?

motobike 010.JPG

Mark, From the pictures that I have seen, they look like "U" shaped channels slip over the frame. The threaded bolt adjuster must have an eye that goes over the axle. My guess is the eye is very flat, like a flat washers thickness. If I had just one close up picture I know I can make them. If I make them I'll make a few extra sets so you can have one.

Back