When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yamaha Moto Bike, the resurrection.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If I remember correctly you are right. Seems like they were like a washer with a threaded rod offset to clear the dropouts, with a stamped steel cap on the end of the dropouts to tighten against.

Found these with a quick search. Not much help though.

Those adjusters have been on eBay before. Genuine Yamaha. Seat down tube has a patten pending decal that is not reproduced as far as I know, so try to save it if it's on your bike, look closely on mine and you will see it. I used hydrolic oil #46 in my forks, According to the Moto-bike service manual the right side (spring side) takes 116cc and the left side takes 130cc you can also use #32 hydrolic oil aka jack oil.

Good info! I’m sure mine need new seals, if I remember right they’re the same as the YZ-50 forks of the same era? Still available?

Mine don't leak but I don't ride it, I took my seals which looked good, washed them with soap and water, dried, then soaked them in brake fluid overnight to soften them a bit , then soaked them in clean #46
Until they were ready to install.

Those adjusters have been on eBay before. Genuine Yamaha. Seat down tube has a patten pending decal that is not reproduced as far as I know, so try to save it if it's on your bike, look closely on mine and you will see it. I used hydrolic oil #46 in my forks, According to the Moto-bike service manual the right side (spring side) takes 116cc and the left side takes 130cc you can also use #32 hydrolic oil aka jack oil.
I just ordered a set on EBay, they are taking a slow boat from China and should arrive in a month. I should be ready for final assembly around then. Thanks for the hydraulic oil info. I ordered the 5/8" O.D. steel tubing that I need to replace the missing section of the frame today from McMaster Carr. I also ordered four low shoulder 10mm x 25mm shoulder bolts to replace the studs that the rear shocks attach to. Mine were bent and stripped so I cut them off and drilled them out to fit the new bolts, which I will weld in place. My patent sticker is long gone, I sanded it off when I repainted the bike metallic blue. Next up is seat repair.

Back