When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yamaha Moto Bike, the resurrection.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I finished fabricating the piece of the frame that I chopped off when I was a kid and welded it on. I think the new piece will go unnoticed after paint. I am still waiting for new shoulder bolts to arrive to replace the studs that the shocks mount to, the original ones are bent and stripped. Once they are welded in it's time for paint. I have the seat vinyl and foam off, I will stop at the local car upholstery shop for new material next week. Now I'm trying to locate handle bars that are the best match to the original--- I can still remember throwing mine out 45 years ago....

IMG_0394.JPG

1975 Yamaha Moto Bike update. Now that I have weeks (months?) off from work, the restoration will move along quickly. My only problem is the hardware store is closed, so I will reuse the old nuts and bolts instead of replacing them. Frame repair is done and the primer is on. All ancillary pieces have been restored and powder coated. I reupholstered the seat, installed new tires, restored the shocks etc.

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0397.JPG

IMG_0398.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

My 1975 Yamaha Moto bike is now done. The whole job took 6 weeks but at least half of that was spent waiting for parts. I still need a rear fender and chain guard, hopefully one will pop up someday. Meanwhile--- I will look at it for a bit and then donate it to a bicycle museum. I would like to thank those on this list that helped me by providing dimensions and parts sources. Best Regards, Bruce Turk Walden, NY

2.JPG

motobike today 005.JPG

motobike today 006.JPG

My 1975 Yamaha Moto bike is now done. The whole job took 6 weeks but at least half of that was spent waiting for parts. I still need a rear fender and chain guard, hopefully one will pop up someday. Meanwhile--- I will look at it for a bit and then donate it to a bicycle museum. I would like to thank those on this list that helped me by providing dimensions and parts sources. Best Regards, Bruce Turk Walden, NY

View attachment 1168821

View attachment 1168822

View attachment 1168823
You did a great job! Well done and nicely detailed. Looks like you have a good plastic car collection! Those are cool!

Back