When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yamaha Motobike

-

Monark52

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Can anyone tell me the approximate value on something like this? Its not what i`m interested in and i`ll probably auction it off soon. Thanks for any help.

newbikes017-1.jpg

newbikes018.gif

newbikes019.gif

Wow. EBay is iffy for bikes because shipping and fees scare people away now. But, I think it is worth at least 50-100 bucks.

50-100 That sounds about right. but only because the bike you have is not a Yamaha Moto-bike. It looks similar to one but it is most likely a Ross or some other make.

Here are a few pics of Yamaha to compare the frames. This is not a stock bike it has a few non Yamaha parts on it. (rims , tires, seat, fender, shocks) plus it is not a stock color. Yamaha's came in yellow and orange.

Y9-1.jpg

Y5-1.jpg

Y6-1.jpg

Last edited:
I don`t care one way or another but if that`s not a moto bike, then i`m
Barack Hussein Obama!
It`s 99.5% the same. It`s probably just a different year than yours. Correct me if i`m wrong.

I don`t care one way or another but if that`s not a moto bike, then i`m
Barack Hussein Obama!
It`s 99.5% the same. It`s probably just a different year than yours. Correct me if i`m wrong.

Wow Mr. President! Welcome to this humble website. I had no Idea you were fond of old BMX bikes! Or should I just say "Yes you are wrong" 100% wrong in fact. Ok where do I start? The Yamaha Moto-bike was made for three years 1974 to 1976. They were as follows:

1974 was the A model it came with a solo saddle three piece pin style cranks with rubber pedals and the lower body portion of the fork was painted to match the frame. The rear fender and chain guard were made of metal and chrome plated. The handlebars were chrome plated as well.

Then in 1975 came the B model these came with a banana seat and the top shock mounting point on the frame was lengthened to provide an anchor point for the new seat brace. Other than the banana seat and its mounting provisions it was essentially the same as the A model. Except the handle bars and the chain guard were painted flat black instead of being chromed.

And finally in 1976 came the C model. This last model had many more improvements mainly to save weight. The pin style three piece cranks were replaced by one piece cranks with an “American style” bottom bracket and rat trap pedals. The fender and chain guard were made of plastic. The lower body portion of the front forks were now made of aluminum instead of steel and not painted but left bare. The C models were also shod with a true BMX knobby tire instead of the older diamond tread “Tractor grip” tires like the A & B models.

Now as far as your frame is concerned Mr. President though similar to a Yamaha Moto-Bike to the untrained eye, to the trained eye it is as clear as the rapidly graying hair on your nappy head that your bike is not a genuine Yamaha Moto-Bike.
1. The fender hoop at the rear of the frame does not have the very distinctive “kick up” bend like a Moto-Bike All three model years came this way

2. The brace/gusset that incorporates the top rear shock mounts is friggin’ huge and the wrong shape compared to the B & C models that came stock with a banana seat.

3. The tubing size shape and overall configuration of the rear trailing arms construction is all wrong.

4. The front fork is also incorrect as well. I’m willing to bet that if you measure from the center of one fork stanchion to the center of the other fork stanchion it will measure narrower than 5 ½ inches

5. That wide flat brace welded to the front of the seat tube between the two smaller tubes running more or less parallel to the top tube is NOT found on all three model years of the Yamaha Moto-Bike.

6. The serial number (located on the bottom bracket) on all model years of the Yamaha Moto-Bike start with J60 (That's jay six zero.) no matter what! I'm also willing to bet your bike does not.

7. The down tube on your frame is not strait it has a curve to it. do I really need to continue?

If you had your bike and a genuine Moto-Bike sitting side by side Mr. President the difference between the two would be plain to see. As plain as the flat nose on your face!!

moto2-1.jpg

By the way Mr. Obama except for the grips and tires the yellow example is all original unrestored and one of the first 1000 ever made.
moto1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Like i said, i don`t give a poop either way. I was told it was a moto bike when i bought it.
I sold it a few days later and that was the end of it.
So they made a few minor changes and sold it as a Ross. Big deal. It still looks the same to me and probably anyone else that looks at it.
Either way, nice bikes.

Odds&soda, can you tell me the value of a real Yamaha Motobike? I believe i came across one today as you describe it, it would be the "C" version of the bike. It is in pretty rough shape, with nicks in the paint, but overall it seems very solid. I will try to post pics later tonight. Thanks for any help!

Back