When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yard Art Bike I.D.

-

moparrecyclers

Finally riding a big boys bike
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Went to a friends house yesterday and came across this bike so I thought I would share some pics.
image.jpeg
It did not have a head badge but did have a emblem labeled model no 146 i believe see pic.
Noticed the front sprocket was a bit larger than the norm.
image.jpeg

Any ideas on manufacture and build date? Also noticed the front fork showed signs of being chrome plated.

Miami-Built Racycle ... unbelievable that it is
being displayed as yard-art.

Bet it has gotten more weathering in the last
forty-eight hours than it has in the last one-
hundred years.

Shameful behavior toward a relic of the two-
wheel variety.

Sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph ... is there anyone
out there in the neighborhood who could rescue
this machine by offering to buy or trade for it ?

Aarrrgh !!

...... patric

I was shown a poor picture of it about 2 yers go when he got it so it has been outside for at least that time. I will rescue this relic! I knew from the picture and told him back then to get it out of the weather but time passed and i never got over there. They appreciate nicer antuques and will understand alot more when i return this week to return the holloween costumd I borrowed. She likes em rusty outside and mint inside so I will offer up some rusty bike and swap the basket which she had added for flowers.
Looks to be roughly a 1909 Pacemaker.
I will keep ya posted...

Wish it was close to me.
I'd already be knocking on the door. Too bad it's missing the bottom half of the head badge but at least it hasn't been covered over with red or white paint.
Hope you have gotten enough info here to make a trip back to pick it up.
Jkent

Spoke with them today and she put it in the garage. It had been out there for 3 years. :(
She felt absolutely terrible that she had done this to something of value. Their son is looking at a new sound & light system at our shop and she said he can use it as trade bait, I will be replacing it with something very rusty for her which is what she is looking for to go along with some cool old trikes out in front of the house.

Back