When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yard art

-

rideahiggins

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Found this yard art. Not for sale. Shucks.

IMG_20170514_182306736.jpg

IMG_20170514_182330459.jpg

IMG_20170514_182349780.jpg

Jim, offer them a replacement that looks old and a couple bucks. You probably tried that too though. This has happened to me many times. Sad to see years later that they still have the bike, but that it's really decaying.

Jim, offer them a replacement that looks old and a couple bucks. You probably tried that too though. This has happened to me many times. Sad to see years later that they still have the bike, but that it's really decaying.
Good strategy!

Guys wife said it's absolutely not for sale.

Everything is for sale, at least for the right price anyway. I bought this vintage brass torch that was "not for sale." The guy insisted he was going to turn it into a lamp, then he would sell it.
Not only did I buy the torch, but it has not been converted to a lamp. Ended up paying $10 less than the "finished lamp price" which was more than I wanted to pay, but I still feel like I got a decent deal.

20170513_123038-jpg.jpg

There are things more precious than money. I got my 1939 Roadmaster yard art from a lady that said "absolutely not for sale". She was right. I talked to her husband found out she loves nature and raccoons. Carved one in a knothole and traded for it. She even threw in her yard art girls Schwinn with a basket.
Got to think out side the box and keep the eye on the prize.

She's already been thru the "Everythings for sale for a price" with this bike. It just ain't happening.

Back