When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yard Art?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

marching_out

Finally riding a big boys bike
Bought this based on some not so great pictures and turned out to be much worse than I thought. Rims are toast as well as most if not all the chrome. I thought the frame and fenders might be salvageable but someone repainted over the blue in spots. Luckily I didn't pay too much. Thoughts?
IMG_4984.JPG

IMG_4987.JPG

IMG_4994.JPG

IMG_4990.JPG

IMG_4991.JPG

I would definitely say no to yard art. Although the chrome and paint are rough, the metal itself looks like it would be good and solid. Very restorable bike, and I bet some of the chrome might even clean up still. Its really not that bad at all, I've started with much worse on restorations; and as a bonus, its even cooler because it has curved fender struts!

Great piece!, would really like to see what OA does when there is repaint/touch up thrown in with the rust but if not, tires, tune and a refreshed seat and ride that bad boy!

I agree with the others. A good OA bath, some careful cleaning, and a good service and you'd be surprised.

Here is my '34 Huffman LaFrance as found

After OA bath

Great piece!, would really like to see what OA does when there is repaint/touch up thrown in with the rust but if not, tires, tune and a refreshed seat and ride that bad boy!
Ditto!

Reactions: mrg
I agree with the others. A good OA bath, some careful cleaning, and a good service and you'd be surprised.

Here is my '34 Huffman LaFrance as found
View attachment 1390448

After OA bath
View attachment 1390449

As said, has anyone got any after OA pics of a bike that also had repaint/touch up thrown in with the rust , some of mine had rust before & after a repaint/touch and sense OA is not supposed to affect the paint what happens, most examples are just rusty OG paint really wondering for my 39 3 gill Roadmaster, you can see they hand painted over trying to match existing lines as on the Colson in question, anyone?

As said, has anyone got any after OA pics of a bike that also had repaint/touch up thrown in with the rust , some of mine had rust before & after a repaint/touch and sense OA is not supposed to affect the paint what happens, most examples are just rusty OG paint really wondering for my 39 3 gill Roadmaster, you can see they hand painted over trying to match existing lines as on the Colson in question, anyone?View attachment 1390724

View attachment 1390725

View attachment 1390727
Mark,
OA will not affect the overpaint. You would have to try to remove that with thinner, Goof Off, etc. In fact OA won't even mess with decals. V/r Shawn

Ya, I know that but have not seen what effect when the overpaint is over rust with rusty og paint around it, would like to see the results on a similar bike!

Back