When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yard Decor, Wall Hanger, or ?

-
I would like some opinions on what to do with an 1896 Victor that I have. I don't want to put the money into restoring it, but I like looking at it. Would any of you place this in the yard as decoration or maybe put it on the wall in your garage? I wish I owned a business or a restaurant, it would look great in something like that. It's pretty much original with the exception of the front hub was changed at some point. It even has home made tires on it which was probably more common than not at the turn of the century.
I would consider selling it whole, and maybe even parting it out, but it's just so cool looking, I would rather find a better use for it just the way it is.
Input welcome..........View attachment 472501 View attachment 472503 View attachment 472504 View attachment 472505 View attachment 472506

There’s a restaurant that I frequent all the time. Good food and they have
antique pedal cars, wagons and steel toys hanging on the ceilings.
They also have vintage signs of all kinds on the walls.
Perhaps there’s a place that you enjoy and you can lend them the bike for
display purposes.
This way you can enjoy a good meal and your bike as well.
I have my favorite bikes inside the house where I can see them and dust
them off or ride whenever the mood strikes.
By the way you talk about this bike, you'd be better not to sell it because
afterwards you are going to regret it.
I wouldn't display it outside unless you want to further distress the bike and
all you will have left is a pile of rust.

Well, maybe my backyard where I could keep an eye on it.

Most of the backyard bikes I see have plants
or flowers around them as the poor bike frame
rusts away!
Sell it to Dan the man, he knows how to take care of it! :D

I have one restored with paint and nickel plating. Needs correct tires. $3500 plus shipping. I sell new block chain and could fit the correct length on the bike for the cost of the chain.
Contact me on this superb bicycle.
Mike Cates
(760) 473-6201 Calls Only (No Texts)

IMG_1991.JPG

Last edited:
I think it’s a good looking bike! I wouldn’t let it rust away outside. I read somewhere that the first air filled bicycle tire was invented by rapping a garden hose around the rim in the 90’s I think? Cool bike. Anthony

I think that OP is joking or fishing for a buyer. My vote is for the latter.

You best not put that piece of history in the yard to rot and deteriorate. Last resort donate it to a restaurant to be decor, or donate it to a local museum. Its difficult to make full bikes wall art in my opinion due to the handlebars, but if you get two old pulleys, some rope, and pulley that bike up to your ceiling... you'll have the coolest living room in town.

Back