When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yard Sale Find - 1930's Schwinn - please help identify

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

maranoman

On Training Wheels
I have mainly dabbled in 1950's - 1960's Schwinn middleweights until now, but the neighbor across the street had a yard sale and this caught my eye, so I paid next to nothing for it. Based on one night's research, I'm pretty sure it's an early- or mid-1930's era, but I don't know much about pre-war bikes since I rarely see them here in Des Moines. Based on the pictures, can anyone help me narrow down the approximate model and year? Also, based on its condition, is it destined for yard art, rat-rodding or semi-restoration? Most of the Typhoons and Corvettes I've worked on were nowhere near this rusty. What would you suggest I do with this bike?

Old Schwinn3.JPG
Old Schwinn2.JPG
Old Schwinn1.JPG
Old Schwinn6.JPG
Old Schwinn5.JPG
Old Schwinn4.JPG

Old Schwinn3.JPG

Old Schwinn2.JPG

Old Schwinn1.JPG

Old Schwinn6.JPG

Old Schwinn5.JPG

Old Schwinn4.JPG

Is this the bike the American Pickers exhumed from that ladies backyard on this season's episode?
Chris

I like the crusty ones but that beyond my ability. I agree, pull the seat and badge and try to get more for them than the disposal fees for the remainder.

It's a B10. All of that is usable. Sandblast frame and fork, Straighten rack, Crack and stem can be blasted and polished before plating. Junk the bars.

correction

It's a B10. All of that is usable. Sandblast frame and fork, Straighten rack, Crack and stem can be blasted and polished before plating. Junk the bars.
It's a B 1 1/2 and maybe it was an E

Back